I am planner. I like to be prepared in any given situation and I thrive on routine.
Hmmm…Earth to Nora – aren’t you headed to a foreign place in late winter and you don’t know what to expect when you get there? Yup. Totally. On purpose, I haven’t scheduled every second of my trip – I am fighting the perfectionist side of me that wants to know everything I am going to see, how I am going to get there, what I am going to eat, where to find my hotel, how things are going to smell, what the weather is going to be like on any given day. Ok that’s a bit overboard, but I like details.
Hello insecurities meet spontaneity…I’m aiming to LET THAT SH*T GO. If I overthink it, I get bit anxious, so instead I have outlined my trip with tooooons of wiggle room but to know enough where I feel safe and trust my decisions and excited for the unknown at the same time. It’s all about the balance.
As of right now, I know the following for my trip:
1. Flight from Great Falls, MT to Copenhagen, Denmark
2. Location and duration of my three volunteer opportunities through HelpX in Spain, UK and France
3. My accommodation is booked for the three days spent in Copenhagen
4. Flight to Dubrovnik, Croatia from Copenhagen
5. Tentative accommodation (several options) for Croatia
6. Tentative travel options to get from Croatia to my first HelpX volunteering site in Spain
Yep, that’s it. I’m going with the following motto for now, wish me luck! 🙂
I’ve been working on packing…now that requires some thinking ahead…more on that soon!